PRESENTING LIKE A THOUGHT LEADER
Live, 4-Week, On-line Training Designed for Engineers*
Presenting Like a Thought Leader is a four-part, fast paced learning journey designed to help advanced, non-native, English-speaking* engineers and technical professionals shift their presentation skills in the boardroom from technical expert to thought leader.
- Engage more meaningfully with your team, your VIPs, and your outside stakeholders
- Create engagement from start to finish
- Quickly create powerful introductions that make the remainder of your preparation "easy as pie"
- Present technical visuals with a 4-step formula that makes you the thought leader
- Avoid common blunders
- Insert easy touch points into your technical presentation to create meaningful connections with your audience
- End your presentation with a presentation style that builds credibility and support for your ideas
- Facilitate a Q & A with confidence
What clients say...
I have already used the technique you showed me in the first session. Every Tuesday, I have to give a 3-minute presentation about our three priorities for the week. Before, I used not to prepare, so it just came out as I thought about it on the spot.
This time I structured my message the way we learned. Everything was much more complete, and I felt more confident when I talked, so I’m going to keep doing that. The preparation didn’t take me long either; it just forced me to include more information about each bullet point, and it improved my focus. I think it’s already helping me a lot in my day-to-day work communication.
Alexandra Camargo, IT Security Engineer
Presenters who communicate in the clear, concise, confident style of thought leaders feel and look confident, creating opportunities to manage larger projects, ...and grow your visibility, your contributions to your organization, and ultimately your career.
Week 1: Advanced Presentation Introductions
- Use a template to create an effective introduction in 5 minutes or less
- Learn advanced introduction techniques to engage your audience
- Learn the basic introduction technique that can be applied "on the fly" to upscale your thought leadership in meetings
- Receive sample introductions, practice and feedback
Week 2: Presentation Organizational Strategy
- Learn how to prepare and deliver your presentation with clear objectives, a clear plan, and clear signals
- Learn 11 presentation blunders
- Learn 7 sign posting strategies to add clarity, charisma, and confidence
- Watch and discuss an award-winning speech
- Learn word choices and vocal strategies to be more persuasive
- Learn word choices and vocal strategies for creating rapport and minimizing conflict
- Present your presentation introduction and receive feedback
Week 3: Commenting on Technical Visuals
- Learn how to draw their attention to the visual, draw them in, and draw them to your point of view
- Be able to use 33 specific word choices to describe the facts and the changes in data in your technical visuals
- Discuss common vocabulary to show the relationship between numbers and statistics
- Learn a 4-step model to consistently convey meaning and clarity around your visuals
- Present your presentation introduction and body – and receive feedback
Week 4: Powerful Conclusion and The Q & A
- Learn 10 powerful call-to-actions
- Develop a two-part conclusion that incites your audience to act on your proposal
- Q & A strategies for thought leaders
- Sample engagement starters
- Present your completed presentation – and receive feedback
Corporate and Executive Training for Advanced Non-native English-speaking* Engineers & Technical Professionals
Corporate Trainer for Expatriates | Coach | Author | Webinar Speaker | Presenting Like a Thought Leader | Cross-Cultural Leadership Communication | Writing E-mails Like a Thought Leader
$900 + gst
Prepare, Practice, Present - in 4 WeeksYes I want to present like the thought leader that I am!
Your satisfaction with your training experience is our top priority. We value and enjoy on-going collaborative relationships with our clients. We believe that our customer service sets us apart from our competitors. Personalized service and attention to detail are strengths on which we create much of our business success. Should you have any concerns about your training program in between scheduled evaluations, please communicate these concerns to the Director of Training Services, [email protected], either in writing or by arranging a meeting to discuss your needs. Every effort will be made to ensure that your training experience is convenient, enjoyable, and results-oriented. However, if you should decide to cancel your training program, we will happily provide a refund for the unused portion of your Training Agreement minus a 10% administrative fee.